IT Support Coordinator
IT Support Coordinator
Fox International Channels
Join the National Geographic Channels! Under supervision of the Senior IT Manager, the IT Support Coordinator will install, configure, and maintain IT hardware, software, networks, and related computer systems. Candidate will also be responsible for providing and maintaining an excellence in multi-user computer systems and technical support while performing helpdesk functions.
Desktop Support Duties:
- Provide End-user technical support and maintenance (hardware and software) on all desktop systems, printers, copiers and other peripheral devices. Responding to help desk tickets and updating the ticketing system in a timely manner.
- Create Manage and Deploy Windows 7 and Mac OS Images, rollouts, upgrades and patches.
- Installation of desktops and User data migration.
- Develops, prepares reports for upgrading and maintaining multi-user computer systems.
- Provide Telecom support including desk phones and smart phones (IOS, Android & Blackberry).
- Active Directory administration for computer accounts, user accounts, distribution lists and security groups.
- Help maintain technology equipment and software inventories via asset management software.
- Coordinates and ensures that quality customer service in the technical support area is provided.
Network Support Duties:
- Assist in monitoring and supporting File/Print, FTP and Application servers.
- Assist in general overall network maintenance and deployment of new technologies.
- Assist with roll out of Major Software upgrades.
- Contacts and coordinates with corporate IT to resolve any network issues.
- Change and Manage server backup tapes.
- Update and maintain internal SharePoint database.
- Assist with other projects and duties assigned by manager.
- 2-5 year of experience in a technological setting ideally within a corporate support environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience. IT Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, Windows 7, Apple MAC OS, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook, Blackberry, IPhone and Ipad is REQUIRED.
- Strong Mac OSX and Windows administration and desktop support.
- Knowledge of PC configuration distribution tools (e.g., WAIK, SysPrep, Ghost, SCCM) preferred.
- Experience with Networking, TCP/IP troubleshooting preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, HTML Web is an advantage.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and continue learning new systems and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team as needed and follow-up towards the successful
completion of assigned tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple users in-person.
- Ability to routinely lift 20-25 lbs. and occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs.
- Occasional non-standard working hours required.
Position is eligible for a full benefits package. National Geographic Channels International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.