Los Angeles, CA
Fox Filmed Entertainment
Fox Filmed Entertainment News Corporation's motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history's most successful movies, Avatar and Titanic.
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company's other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world's most popular television programming. The Company's TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at www.foxmovies.com.
Job Title: Java Application Architect
Department: Shared Application Services
Architects overall application structure including inter-application integration, application technology selection and development of Fox�s software applications. Performs review, analysis, selection, design, development, support and tuning of large complex integrated systems.
This Architect position will be focused on the Enterprise Rights Management system. This system will support both legal and distribution divisions throughout the studio.
1. Analysis and Design
- Participates in fact gathering sessions with customers.
- Participates in enterprise technology standard reviews and selection.
- Designs the overall application architecture.
- Selects the best fit technology and tools for the application.
- Identifies and integrates applicable reusable or re-purposed objects within other applications.
- Designs integration with other systems.
- Creates the application architecture and object roadmap.
- Plans technology evolution and upgrade migration strategies.
- Leads group application design activities.
- Writes technical specifications for application to include hardware and network requirements.
- Finalizes work breakdowns and estimates for design, coding and testing.
- Designs complex integrated software solutions and database objects.
2. Development and Testing
- Functions as a team lead for development activities in a cross-functional, integrated development team.
- Develops object integration plan.
- Integrates complex objects into the final application.
- Oversees integration to existing applications.
- Oversees integration into SCDS environment.
- Develops new complex features and functions for software applications.
- Develops new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements.
- Provides programming and environment support through all testing phases and general releases of software.
- Adheres to department programming standards and methodology.
3. Delivery and Installation
- Resolves application environment integration issues.
- Resolves application performance issues.
- Reviews pre-release and release process documents including Change Control and Contingency and Fallback Plans.
- Performs configuration and deployment of new systems.
- Conducts performance analysis and tuning of new systems.
4. Production Support
- Identifies appropriate skills to address technical problems.
- Interacts with Enterprise Architects to resolve application integration issues.
- Conducts functional analysis for production support activities.
- Identifies complex problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds.
- Conducts analysis and perform tuning of production applications.
- Provides 2nd tier support for programming tools and environment.
- Provides mentoring to software engineers and other technical staff.
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required for design reviews and technology and tools selection.
- Develops development standards, documents best practices and other departmental processes and documentation.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Performs workload planning, tracking accomplishments, team meetings and status reporting.
6. Departmental Responsibilities
- Works closely with Secure Content Delivery Services to administer and maintain J2EE application servers and environment
7. Other Duties As Required