The Webby People’s Voice Awards sets out to honor “excellence on the Internet” each year, so it’s no surprise that National Geographic has notched 14 nominations, the second most of any organization in 2016. The 20th Annual Webby Awards selected nominees based on nearly 13,000 entries. The Webby People’s Voice Awards are determined by how the public votes.
Below are the categories in which National Geographic is nominated. The Webby People’s Voice Awards are open for voting.
- Websites – Best Home/Welcome Page: The Climate Change Issue
- Websites – Youth: National Geographic Kids
- Websites – Travel: National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
- Websites – Green A Blueprint for a Carbon-Free World
- Websites – Best Use of Photography: Tracking Ivory
- Websites – Community: Your Shot
- Websites – Best Visual Design (Aesthetic): The New New York Skyline
- Social – Best Photography & Graphics: National Geographic Social Media
- Social – Animals: National Geographic Social Media
- Social – Education & Discovery: National Geographic Social Media
- Advertising & Media – Best Home/Welcome Page: Saints & Strangers Site
- Online Film & Video – Science & Education: Honeybee Metamorphosis
- Online Film & Video – Documentary (Individual Episode): Cannabis for Kids: The Children Behind The Debate
- Mobile Sites & Apps – Best Visual Design (Function): Nat Geo View
Voting closes Thursday, April 21, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Winners will be announced April 26 and presented at Cipriani Wall Street in New York on May 16.