What most people consider the last week of summer saw a handful of interesting reads about 21st Century Fox’s businesses. In this week’s 21CF news recap, FX Networks’ presidents of original programming Eric Schrier and Nick Grad talk about their approach to comedy programming, hotstar CEO Ajit Mohan gives an in-depth interview about STAR India’s successful mobile entertainment platform, FOX News finishes the summer on top and more.
- FX programming chiefs talk auteur comedy, more animation and ‘The Americans’ Emmy chances (Variety)
- ‘Cost of data is the only barrier for hyper growth of hotstar & other OTT platforms:’ Ajit Mohan (IndianTelevision.com)
- FOX News finishes cable’s summer weekly ratings race with win (Multichannel News)
- Skip Bayless rising early, promises ‘deeper’ debate for new FOX Sports 1 show (Los Angeles Times)
- FOX Sports’ Apple TV app to show four games at once (USA Today)
- Star’s multi-screen Rio 2016 coverage gets thumbs up from viewers (IndianTelevision.com)
Happy Labor Day weekend!