21st Century Fox made plenty of headlines in the last week of September, thanks to FX Networks and FX Productions CEO John Landgraf’s insightful remarks on storytelling, FOX Sports bringing augmented reality to the NFL, FOX Business notching a record quarter, and FX’s renewal of “The Strain” and “You’re the Worst.” All that and much more is included in this week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses.
- FX’s John Landgraf warns against storytellers who offer “seductive” lies (Deadline)
- How FOX Sports is bringing augmented reality to NFL games (Engadget)
- FOX Business delivers most-watched quarter in network history (The Wrap)
- ‘The Strain’ renewed for fourth and final season at FX (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘You’re The Worst’ gets Season 4 renewal from FXX (Deadline)
- ‘Birth of a Nation’ stars Gabrielle Union and Nate Parker help voter registration drive in theaters (Los Angeles Times)
- Don’t call National Geographic ‘stodgy’ (Marketplace)
- Watch the trailer for Leonardo DiCaprio’s climate change doc ‘Before the Flood’ (The Hollywood Reporter)
- The NFL and FOX hope to score with their new ‘Football Families’ initiative (Adweek)
- Fox’s untitled Marvel project, ‘Maze Runner’ sequel to receive IMAX releases (Variety)
- CNN wins cable news debate demo derby, FOX News Channel takes total viewers (Deadline)
- Fox creates non-linear ad sales role for streaming, on-demand platforms (AdAge)
- Johnny Depp, Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench among stars boarding ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!