This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses features National Geographic’s big rebrand, World Series wins for FOX, FOX Sports 1’s continued strength, “Before the Flood” premiering commercial-free across National Geographic’s digital and streaming platforms worldwide, and more.
- In global rebrand, National Geographic drops ‘Channel’ from its network name (Adweek)
- Game 1 of World Series draws most viewers since 2009 (The New York Times)
- TV ratings: Cubs take Game 2 to even World Series, FOX wins (Variety)
- FS1 repeats as most watched cable network in primetime (Multichannel News)
- ‘Before the Flood’ to premiere commercial-free across Nat Geo Global Networks (Deadline)
- FOX Sports’ MLS viewing numbers increased 37 percent in 2016 compared to last year (World Soccer Talk)
- Fox’s ‘Deadpool’ wins big at Key Art Awards (The Hollywood Reporter)
- How Fox almost said no to ‘The People v. O.J. Simpson’ (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FS1 programming puzzle coming together to challenge ESPN (Sporting News)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Season 7 debut up 34 percent internationally (Deadline)
- ‘Bones’ final season gets January premiere on FOX (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!