This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses features 21CF’s latest earnings, strong ratings for Game 7 of the World Series, premiere dates for FOX’s winter midseason TV lineup, FOX Deportes turning 20 years old and more.
- 21st Century Fox posts 22% increase in profit (The Wall Street Journal)
- Fox CEO rejects ‘scale for scale’s sake’ following AT&T-Time Warner deal (Deadline)
- TV ratings: World Series climax tops 40 million viewers, biggest game in 25 years (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FOX’s spots sold out for Game 7 of World Series (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FOX sets premiere dates for ‘The Mick,’ ‘Bones,’ midseason series (Variety)
- FOX, Disney add channels to Hulu ‘s live TV service (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Before The Flood’ sampled by 30M+ worldwide for National Geographic (Deadline)
- In new TV fare, National Geographic sustains its climate focus (The New York Times)
- FOX Deportes at 20: Beyond ‘Fútbol’ (Multichannel News)
- FOX News, CNN claim historic October ratings (The Wrap)
- FOX News lineup begins to take shape (The New York Times)
- Why National Geographic decided to dump the dumb and get back to its educated roots (Co.Create)
- ‘24: Legacy’ intense new promo: ‘They’re here’ (Entertainment Weekly)
- ‘Lucifer’ grabs full-season renewal from FOX (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!