This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses features FOX News’ election coverage, “The Simpsons” making TV history, FXX setting return dates for “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” and “Man Seeking Woman,” and more.
- TV ratings: 71 million watched 2016 election returns pour in; CNN and FOX News set records (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Inside FOX News’ studio as an “unreal, surreal” election night played out (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Rupert Murdoch on election night coverage: ‘We set the gold standard’ (TVNewser)
- Hillary Clinton concession speech delivers record ratings for FOX News Channel (Deadline)
- TV ratings: ‘Empire,’ FOX lead post-election night (Variety)
- World Series catapults FOX to No. 1 slot for the fall season (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘The Simpsons’ makes TV history, renewed for record-breaking 29th and 30th seasons (Variety)
- Big Data Summit: Commercial breaks are hurting traditional TV, says Fox’s Randy Freer (Variety)
- Check out the multimillion dollar studio FOX built for election night (Adweek)
- ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ & ‘Man Seeking Woman’ get return dates on FXX (Deadline)
- FOX Sports says regional sports networks still poised to grow (L.A. Biz)
Enjoy the weekend!