This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses includes a spotlight on National Geographic’s new series “Mars,” FOX News notching record ratings during Election Week, FX Networks setting a premiere date for “Taboo” and more.
- ‘Mars’ and the rise of ‘Premium Nonfiction’ TV (The Wall Street Journal)
- A trip to ‘Mars’ signals a new look for National Geographic Channel (The New York Times)
- Election Week delivers record Monday-Friday ratings for FOX News Channel (Deadline)
- ‘American Horror Story: Roanoke’ ratings up from ‘Hotel’ finale (Deadline)
- Tom Hardy’s ‘Taboo’ sets premiere date on FX (The Wrap)
- Tucker Carlson boosts FOX News Channel’s 7 p.m. timeslot in show debut (Deadline)
- PepsiCo, Fox ‘Hidden Figures’ contest supports next-gen female scientists (MediaPost)
- Fox goes family friendly with animation-heavy film slate (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Fox Innovation Lab releases ‘The Martian VR Experience,’ execs promise much more to come (Variety)
- Dana Walden, Gary Newman & Eva Longoria among Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award honorees (Deadline)
- FX’s John Landgraf, Showtime’s Trisha Cardoso recognized at Saban Clinic Dinner Gala (Variety)
- Microsoft, Fox stretch ‘Lethal Weapon’ sponsorship (Broadcasting & Cable)
Enjoy the weekend!