This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses includes FX ordering a “Sons of Anarchy” spinoff pilot, the Thanksgiving Day NFL game between the Cowboys and Redskins setting a record for FOX, “Assassin’s Creed” entering virtual reality, and more.
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ spinoff pilot ordered at FX, ‘Mayans MC’ will shoot in March (Variety)
- How ’bout them Cowboys: Dallas sets ratings record for FOX (Ad Age)
- FOX News Channel scores most-watched month in 4 years (The Wrap)
- How risk-taking catapulted FX’s John Landgraf to TV executive of the year (Adweek)
- AR glasses maker ODG raises $58 million led by 21st Century Fox (Variety)
- FOX Sports taps GoPro for referee perspective in Big Ten title game (Broadcasting & Cable)
- ‘Assassin’s Creed’ movie VR experience coming to AMC theaters, Oculus (Variety)
- Espionage thriller becomes Fox Networks Group Europe & Africa’s first regional scripted commission (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘The Simpsons’ marathon helps push FXX to ratings highs (Deadline)
- Ford makes U-turn to support FOX’s ’24’ after long absence (Variety)
- ‘Walking Dead’ shatters viewing expectations (Rapid TV News)
- DirecTV Now debuts, reveals full channel lineups (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!