This week’s recap of news about 21CF and its businesses includes 21CF’s proposed acquisition of Sky, this year’s Golden Globes nominations (21CF has 19 nominations this year), FX Networks’ big showing at the Critics’ Choice Awards, FOX News Channel as 2016’s most watched basic cable network and more.
- 21st Century Fox reaches $14.8 billion deal for remainder of Sky (The New York Times)
- Golden Globes 2017: The complete list of nominations (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FX, HBO dominate Critics’ Choice Awards (Multichannel News)
- FOX News Channel crowned 2016’s most watched basic cable network (Deadline)
- FOX to air ‘24: Legacy’ in 160 countries (Variety)
- TV ratings: ‘FOX News Sunday’ nears series high with Trump sit-down (The Hollywood Reporter)
- TV ratings: Lee Daniels’ ‘Star’ preview brings strong sampling to FOX (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘Birth of a Nation,’ ‘Moonlight’ score six NAACP Image Award nominations (Variety)
- Morgan Freeman hosts new season of ‘Story of God’ starting in January (Broadcasting & Cable)
- 2016: Hotstar becomes Apple TV’s app of the year with 130 million downloads (ETtech)
- Felix and Paul to make virtual reality experiences based on 20th Century Fox movies (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!