The first week of 2017 was busy with news about 21CF and its businesses. This week’s recap includes FOX News placing Tucker Carlson in the 9 p.m. anchor slot, “Alien: Covenant” and “Planet of the Apes” getting virtual reality experiences, Hulu adding CBS to its TV streaming offering, and more.
- FOX News taps Tucker Carlson to replace Megyn Kelly (The Wall Street Journal)
- Ridley Scott, Fox Innovation Lab team up for ‘Alien: Covenant’ virtual reality experience (Variety)
- ‘Planet of the Apes’ is getting a virtual reality experience (Variety)
- Hulu adds CBS to its planned TV streaming offerings (The New York Times)
- ‘The Mick’ previews strong, ‘Ransom’ starts slow, ‘To Tell the Truth’ returns low, ‘Sunday Night Football’ up in ratings (Deadline)
- ‘Star’ off to decent ratings start without ‘Empire’ (Deadline)
- UFC 207 preliminaries on FS1 averaged 1.5 million viewers, peaked at 1.8 million (Yahoo Sports)
- ‘Archer’ moving to FXX for Season 8 as network ramps up animated offerings (Deadline)
- Comcast sets carriage pact for FOX News, YES Network and regional sports cablers (Variety)
- 20th Century Fox piloting ‘new ways to deliver content’ via LTE Broadcast with Ericsson, unnamed mobile operator (FierceCable)
- CES 2017: Linear TV needs new advertising models (Broadcasting & Cable)
- ‘Deadpool,’ ‘Moonlight,’ ‘La La Land’ nab Writers Guild nominations (Variety)
- ‘Deadpool’ is most pirated movie of 2016 (The Hollywood Reporter)
Enjoy the weekend!