This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes 21CF CEO James Murdoch discussing the combination of 21CF and Sky, Fox’s planned new streaming app, STAR India CEO Uday Shankar winning EY’s Entrepreneurial CEO Award and more.
- James Murdoch calls digital media space an ‘unprecedented competitive environment’ (The Hollywood Reporter)
- James Murdoch pitches Sky merger as good for programming diversity, creative ‘vibrancy’ in U.K. (Variety)
- Murdoch’s Fox seeks EU okay for $14.4 billion Sky takeover bid (Reuters)
- Fox planning new video streaming app combining networks (Broadcasting & Cable)
- STAR India’s Uday Shankar wins EY’s Entrepreneurial CEO Award (Exchange4Media.com)
- STAR Plus and Aamir Khan’s ad on gender equality garners over 2 million views (Livemint)
- Ratings roundup: FOX’s Daytona 500 viewership up 5% over 2016 (Sports Video Group)
- No data, no delays: Fox pushes movies straight to your phone (CNET)
- FOX News Channel commands cable news in February (Deadline)
- FOX News Channel beats broadcasters in Donald Trump speech crowd: nearly 11M viewers (Deadline)
- FX’s ‘Feud’ already plans second season: Charles and Diana (The New York Times)
- Honda drives from FOX’s ‘Star’ to streaming video (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!