This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes record viewership for FOX’s broadcast of Super Bowl LI, 21CF’s fiscal Q2 earnings, FOX News leading the weekly ratings race and more.
- FOX Sports: Super Bowl LI most-viewed U.S. program ever (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FOX scores with overtime Super Bowl commercials (Broadcasting & Cable)
- World Series ratings, cable ad sales lift 21st Century Fox earnings (Variety)
- Murdoch: Power of sports seen in $500M day (Broadcasting & Cable)
- ’24: Legacy’ debuts post-Super Bowl with most watched franchise episode ever (Deadline)
- FOX News Channel dominates weekly ratings race (Multichannel News)
- Fox Television Stations expect $350 million from FCC’s spectrum auction, Tribune grabs $190 million (Variety)
- Fox planning ‘major overhaul’ of its streaming apps (FierceCable)
- ‘Legion’ of boom: Inside FX’s trippy promo campaign for its new X-Men strip (AdAge)
- Blue Sky’s bull toon ‘Ferdinand’ to lock horns with ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (Deadline)
Enjoy the weekend!