This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes “Better Things” getting renewed for Season 3 on FX, National Geographic acquiring syndication rights to “Running Wild With Bear Grylls,” FOX Sports deploying high-speed cameras for its World Series coverage and more.
- ‘Better Things’ renewed for Season 3 at FX (Variety)
- Fox, Russell Simmons developing movie about Def Jam artist T La Rock (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Nat Geo to ‘Run Wild With Bear Grylls’ (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FOX sets music competition series with iHeartMedia (Broadcasting & Cable)
- Fox goes ‘Deep’ in Europe and Africa with original drama series (Variety)
- Fox Searchlight’s Nancy Utley recalls her early days in film biz (Variety)
- Mipcom: Fox Networks Group Latin America’s Edgar Spielmann on Latin America’s TV drama sea change (Variety)
- FOX Sports loads World Series lineup with high-speed cameras (Broadcasting & Cable)
- Fox TV Stations re-up with MyNetworkTV through 2019-20 (Broadcasting & Cable)
- These ‘Bite Size Horror’ films, from Mars candy brands, are the best Halloween ads in years (Adweek)
- NYC TV Week: Fox Networks selling addressable ads in VOD on Comcast, Hulu (Broadcasting & Cable)
- True[X], Innovid to bring interactive advertising to Fox OTT channels (MediaPost)
- A new documentary will focus on one of the most iconic ‘The Simpsons’ episodes of all time (Esquire)
Enjoy the weekend!