This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes FOX’s big audience for Game 7 of the World Series, “The Orville” renewed for Season 2, a premiere date for FX’s “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” and more.
- FOX draws 29.3 million viewers for the Houston Astros’ Game 7 World Series win (Adweek)
- World Series Game 7 generates huge social media traffic (Multichannel News)
- Seth MacFarlane’s ‘The Orville’ renewed by FOX for Season 2 (Variety)
- TV ratings: ‘The Orville’ hits highest ratings since week 2 (Variety)
- ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story’ sets FX premiere date (Variety)
- Fox’s Hannity tops cable news rankings (TVNewsCheck)
- On N.F.L. Thanksgiving menu: Six-second ads (The New York Times)
- Fox Business tops CNBC for fifth straight month (The Hill)
- Vanessa Morrison named head of Fox Family in animation division overhaul (Variety)
- Fox Animation names Andrea Miloro, Robert Baird co-presidents (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FOX sets UK premiere date for ‘The Orville’ (TVWise)
- ‘Apes’ top DVD, Blu-ray disc charts (Variety)
- From Budapest, National Geographic blasts off for Mars (Variety)
Enjoy the weekend!