This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes 21CF’s fiscal Q2 2018 earnings, strong viewership for the IPL player auction on Star Sports, a second season for “The Four,” “Isle of Dogs” at SXSW and more.
- Fox earnings get lift from cable networks even as broadcast lags (Variety)
- Murdochs say retrans rates could rise ‘aggressively’ at new ‘Fox’ (Multichannel News)
- DGA Awards: Guillermo del Toro wins feature award for ‘The Shape of Water’ (Variety)
- ‘Shape of Water,’ ‘Three Billboards’ push Fox Searchlight to biggest screen count in studio history (TheWrap)
- Daniel Ellsberg, ‘The Post’ honored at third annual Veritas Awards (The Hollywood Reporter)
- IPL player auction attracts 46.5 million viewers on Star Sports (The Economic Times)
- FOX renews ‘The Four’ for Season 2 (Variety)
- ‘Legion’ gets Season 2 premiere date on FX (Deadline)
- Wes Anderson’s ‘Isle of Dogs’ to close SXSW Festival (Variety)
- Fox News tops weekly cable ratings charts (Multichannel News)
- Fox Networks Group names Jeff Hughes President of Digital (Variety)
- National Geographic Partners names Gary E. Knell CEO as Declan Moore exits (Deadline)
- Twentieth Century Fox donates set furniture to LA ReStore center (Construction & Demolition Recycling)
- Celebrating 50 years of ‘Planet of the Apes’ at USC (Los Angeles Times)
Enjoy the weekend!