This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes FOX airing 12-year-old footage from an O.J. Simpson interview, 1 billion streams for “The Greatest Showman” soundtrack, a premiere date for “Archer: Danger Island” and more.
- FOX to finally air O.J. Simpson’s infamous ‘If I Did It’ interview (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FOX to air Billy Graham documentary March 4 (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FX and the other networks involved in the Disney-Fox deal won’t alter their upfront strategies (Adweek)
- ‘This Is Me’ catapults ‘Greatest Showman’ soundtrack toward 1 billion streams (Variety)
- Fox wants ‘attention’ to be new language for TV ads (AdAge)
- Fox 2000 wins Hans Christian Andersen musical by ‘Wicked’s Stephen Schwartz, David Magee, Zadan & Meron; ‘Baby Driver’ Ansel Elgort circling (Deadline)
- FNC cops biggest cable news crowd for 194th month (Deadline)
- How ‘Ferdinand’ brought an authentic Spanish bullring to the big screen (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘Planet of the Apes’ VR game coming to Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR this April (Variety)
- ‘Archer: Danger Island’: FXX sets premiere date for Season 9 of toon spy comedy (Deadline)
- Nat Geo+ launches in Europe (Broadband TV News)
- Nat Geo teams with Tongal for new late-night series (Deadline)
- Star India announces Star Re.Imagine awards for ad campaigns aired during IPL (Exchange4media)
Enjoy the weekend (and the Oscars)!