This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes Fox Searchlight’s development deal with Oscar-winning director Guillermo del Toro, Star winning cricket broadcast rights in India, FX ordering a pilot based on the comic book series “Y: The Last Man,” Deadpool raising money for cancer prevention with a pink suit and more.
- Fox Searchlight signs development deal with Guillermo del Toro, creating a new genre label (Los Angeles Times)
- Star wins cricket broadcast rights in India for Rs 6,138 crore (BloombergQuint)
- Hotstar powers ahead of Amazon Prime and Netflix to become the most popular streaming service in India (The Drum)
- Espionage thriller ‘Deep State’ renewed for second season by Fox Networks (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FX orders ‘Y’ drama pilot based on ‘Y: The Last Man’ comic book series (Deadline)
- ‘Hidden Figures’ series in development at Nat Geo (Variety)
- Deadpool auctions off pink suit to raise money for cancer prevention (Variety)
- Fox to develop supernatural Latin musical drama with Roselyn Sanchez producing (Variety)
- Fox News Channel tops cable news charts (Deadline)
- Science meets art (Media Play News)
- FOX RSNs incorporating Statcast for ’18, with Amazon Web as sponsor (SportsBusiness Daily)
- Fox Latin America launching Fox+ in Brazil (Variety)
- There’s no monkeying around as “Crisis on the Planet of the Apes VR” swings onto VR HMDs (VRFocus)
Enjoy the weekend!