FOX’s World Cup team, ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ movie, ‘Deadpool 2’ tracking for big debut
This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes a look at FOX’s World Cup broadcast team, FOX Sports’ NFL aspirations, a “Choose Your Own Adventure” interactive movie from 20th Century Fox Film, “Deadpool 2” on track for a huge debut and more.
- FOX World Cup broadcast team looks to put American stamp on international affair (Variety)
- FOX Sports aiming to be ‘America’s football authority’ with NFL Draft coverage and Thursday Night Football games (Newsday)
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ interactive movie in the works at Fox (Variety)
- National Geographic wins first-ever ‘Media Company of the Year’ Webby (National Geographic)
- Ryan Reynolds’ ‘Deadpool 2’ tracking for huge $150M summer debut (The Hollywood Reporter)
- IPL 2018 grabs 423 million eyeballs in two weeks across the country (Business Standard)
- NBA, FOX Sports strike deal to show Jr. NBA World Championship (Variety)
- ‘Modern Family’ EP Vali Chandrasekaran inks overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV (Variety)
- Director Bille Woodruff inks overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV (Deadline)
- Variety’s Legal Impact Report 2018: Janet Nova (Variety)
- 20th Century Fox gets emotional in powerful show as much about its past as it was about the future (Deadline)
Enjoy the weekend!