‘Deadpool 2’ hits box office milestone, James Murdoch at Code Conference, Hotstar leads in India
This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes 21CF and Disney setting a special meeting of stockholders in July, “Deadpool 2” passing $500 million at the box office, 21CF CEO James Murdoch at the 2018 Code Conference, Hotstar leading the Indian OTT streaming marketing and more.
- Disney, Fox set July 10 shareholder votes on $52.4B deal (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘Deadpool 2’ hits $500 million at global box office (TheWrap)
- James Murdoch on ‘Roseanne’ cancellation: ‘You have to make the right call’ (Variety)
- Hotstar leads India OTT streaming market (Variety)
- Fox News expanding morning show ‘America’s Newsroom’ (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FOX & NASCAR lead night in demo (Deadline)
- Fox Networks grabs hot Cannes titles ‘Kingkiller,’ ‘355,’ ‘Scary Stories’ (Variety)
- ‘Page Six TV’ names Bevy Smith, Elizabeth Wagmeister, Carlos Greer co-hosts for Season 2 (Variety)
- Fox Searchlight sets date for Keira Knightley post-war drama ‘The Aftermath’ (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FX orders Lil Dicky comedy pilot based on life of rapper-comedian from ‘The League’ creator & Kevin Hart (Deadline)
- How Fox bodyslammed rivals to win WWE rights (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Reimagining IPL: How Star brought cricket to centre stage and still raked in the moolah (Best Media Info)
Enjoy the weekend!