World Cup ratings update, “FN Genius,” FOX Sports’ historic MLS announcing crew
This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes a World Cup ratings update, FOX’s “FN Genius,” FOX Sports’ historic all-female MLS announcing crew and more.
- FOX’s World Cup ratings get better when you count bars, parties (Bloomberg)
- Ang Lee, Fox Searchlight’s Nancy Utley, costume designer Ann Roth to receive 2018 DGA honors (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FOX launches ‘FN Genius,’ an ‘HQ’-style mobile trivia game tailored to its live programming push (Deadline)
- FOX Sports to make history with all-female announcing crew for D.C. United match (The Washington Post)
- Lee Daniels Entertainment options spy novel ‘The Spook Who Sat by the Door’ for series development with Fox 21 (Deadline)
- Fox News names Porter Berry to oversee digital news content (Variety)
- Fox-Disney deal: CCI approves takeover of Murdoch’s company in India (Business Standard)
- Hotstar raises Rs 5.16 billion to take on Amazon’s Prime Video and Netflix (Business Standard)
- SRK to return for Star Plus’ ‘TED Talks India – Season 2’ (BizAsiaLive)
- How ‘Atlanta,’ ‘Black-ish,’ ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ defy traditional comedy story structure (Variety)
- How ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ still resonates today: Ryan Murphy, EPs & cast at Deadline’s Emmy FYC event (Deadline)
Enjoy the weekend!