Premier Boxing Champions deal, “Mayans M.C.” premiere ratings, “This Is Us” going abroad
This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes FOX Sports’ landmark deal with Premier Boxing Champions, 21CF’s investment in Caffeine, strong ratings for the premiere of “Mayans M.C.” and more.
- Fox signs four-year deal with Premier Boxing Champions (Deadline)
- 21st Century Fox invests $100 million in social live-streaming startup Caffeine (Variety)
- ‘Mayans M.C.,’ ‘The Purge’ and ‘The Bobby Brown Story’ premieres draw solid L+SD ratings (Deadline)
- ‘This Is Us’ to be licensed by Fox, Turkey is first country to order local adaptation (TheWrap)
- Queen unearth Live Aid recordings for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ soundtrack (Rolling Stone)
- ‘Deadpool 2’ tops home video charts for second week (Media Play News)
- 20th Century Fox TV promotes three creative executives (Variety)
- Fox News unveils plans for Tomi Lahren on ‘Fox Nation’ SVOD service (Variety)
- Star India rejigs Hotstar service to drive growth (The Economic Times)
- FOX eyes more streaming ad sales as NFL season starts (Broadcasting & Cable)
- FX CEO John Landgraf anticipates brand’s future role as part of Disney (Variety)
- FOX sets ‘The Passage,’ ‘The Orville,’ ‘Family Guy’ and more for New York Comic-Con (Deadline)
Enjoy the weekend!