“Mayans M.C.” ratings, Fox Nation details, Hotstar’s $99 package in the U.S.
This week’s recap of news about 21st Century Fox and its businesses includes strong ratings for “Mayans M.C.” and “Rel,” the unique appeal of WWE’s “Smackdown Live” on FOX, new details for Fox News’ upcoming streaming service, “Deadpool 2” holding its reign as king of disc sales, and more.
- TV ratings: ‘Mayans M.C.’ delivers best numbers for new cable drama this year (Variety)
- TV ratings: ‘Rel’ gets decent start for FOX (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Why 21st Century Fox’s CFO is so hyped for WWE’s ‘SmackDown Live’ (TheWrap)
- FOX buys dramas ‘Connect’ from Howard Gordon & 20th TV and ‘Prodigal Son’ from Greg Berlanti & WBTV as put pilots (Deadline)
- Fox’s Abernethy named Broadcaster of the Year (Broadcasting & Cable)
- Fox News taps stars like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity for new streaming service (Adweek)
- Fox Searchlight picks up shorts from weighty Toronto lineup (Variety)
- 20th Century Fox TV promotes current-programming head Carolyn Cassidy (Variety)
- ‘The Americans’ co-EP Tracey Scott Wilson inks overall deal with FX Prods. (Deadline)
- ‘Deadpool 2’ No. 1 on disc sales charts for third week (Media Play News)
- Fox releasing ‘Sorry to Bother You’ on digital Oct. 9, disc Oct. 23 (Media Play News)
- Fox to release ‘X-Men’ trilogy on 4K Ultra HD Sept. 25 (Media Play News)
- Hotstar announces $99 annual cricket, entertainment package in US, beginning with this week’s Asia Cup (The American Bazaar)
- Star India’s Hotstar launches in UK (Rapid TV News)
- Charles Krauthammer Memorial Scholarship will benefit kids of Fox News employees (Deadline)
- FOX’s ‘The Cool Kids’ celebrates Grandparents Day (PromaxBDA Brief)
- Lost Mark Twain manuscript set for Fox Family film (Deadline)
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ to have its world premiere at Wembley – site of Queen’s famous Live Aid show (Deadline)
- Fox’s Russian partner Monumental to adapt zombie novel ‘Quazi’ (The Hollywood Reporter)
- FS1 leads rise of gambling shows (TVNewsCheck)
- Murdoch lawyer who saw Fox through crises to exit after deal (Bloomberg)
Enjoy the weekend!