PLEASE BE AWARE COMPANY HAS REVISED ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS (SEE BELOW). One of the key changes to the Terms and Conditions is summarized below, but please take the time to read the full, updated Terms because you accept and agree to be bound by them when you visit www.21cf.com.
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT – To help streamline the resolution of disputes, the updated Terms now contain an Arbitration Agreement that specifies that both you and Company will be obligated to arbitrate disputes that arise out of or relate to the Company Services.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION BELOW CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT REQUIRE (i) WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BE HANDLED BY ARBITRATION, AND (ii) YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ AND REVIEW THE ENTIRE SECTION LABELED “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” BELOW.
When you submit personal information to the Careers section of this website, you are authorizing 21st Century Fox to utilize this information for lawful and legitimate hiring and employment purposes. 21st Century Fox also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to forward the information you submit to its Affiliated Companies for legitimate business and employment purposes. When you apply for employment at any Affiliated Company, and when 21st Century Fox shares your personal information with an Affiliated Company, your information will be collected and handled pursuant to that Affiliated Company’s hiring policies and practices. No feature or aspect of this website constitutes a promise by 21st Century Fox or any of its Affiliated Companies to contact, interview, hire or employ any individual who submits information to this or an Affiliated Company’s website, or a promise that 21st Century Fox or any of its Affiliated Companies will review any or all of the information submitted by users of this website or any website operated by an Affiliated Company.
As an equal opportunity employer, 21st Century Fox does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or other characteristic protected by law. 21st Century Fox will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.
This website has been prepared solely for the purpose or providing information about 21st Century Fox and the services and products 21st Century Fox and its Affiliated Companies offer. This website has been compiled in good faith by 21st Century Fox. However, no representation is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information on this website. In particular, you should be aware that this information may be incomplete, may contain errors or may have become out of date. The reports filed by 21st Century Fox with the Securities and Exchange Commission and listed on this website speak only as of date of the respective report or reporting period indicated on the respective report 21st Century Fox makes no commitment, and disclaims any duty, to update any of those reports to reflect subsequent events or circumstances except as required by law. 21st Century Fox reserves the right to add, modify or delete any information on this website at any time.
Content on this Website
This website and the content and materials contained on this website (collectively, “Content”) are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other intellectual property and proprietary rights under the laws of the United States and other countries. 21st Century Fox respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks users of this website to do the same.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content on this website infringes your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by providing our Designated Agent (as set forth below) with the following information in writing:
Your physical or electronic signature or the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on this website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on this website;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written notification of claimed infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
21st Century Fox, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Agent
Email Address of Designated Agent: 21CFDMCA@foxcustomercare.com
21st Century Fox reserves the right to remove any Content that infringes the copyright of any person under the laws of the United States upon receipt of a notice that complies with the requirements of 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) as set forth above. The Company has a policy of terminating repeat infringers’ access to our websites in appropriate circumstances.
For clarity, only notices of claims for alleged copyright infringement should be sent to the Designated Agent.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED OR USED IN THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, 21st Century Fox is not responsible or liable for any malicious code, delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this website. You understand, acknowledge and agree that you are assuming the entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, performance, timeliness, adequacy, completeness, correctness, authenticity, security and validity of the Content and any and all features and functions of this website.
Limitation of Liability
21st Century Fox DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIALS, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF 21st Century Fox HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU (AND NOT 21st Century Fox) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
(1) 21st Century Fox, including its Affiliated Companies, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, and you agree that any and all disputes and claims that each of you and 21st Century Fox may have against the other that arise out of or relate to your use of this website, including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of this Agreement, including the agreement to arbitrate (the “Arbitration Agreement”) and the scope or applicability of this Arbitration Agreement (collectively, “Disputes”), including but not limited to the arbitrability of any and all Disputes, and even if the events giving rise to Disputes occurred before this Arbitration Agreement became effective, will be resolved in a binding, confidential, individual and fair arbitration process, and not in court. Each of you and 21st Century Fox agrees to give up the right to sue in court. Each of you and 21st Century Fox also agrees to give up the right to have claims heard by a jury and the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but each of you and 21st Century Fox (see paragraph 9 below). The only exceptions to this Arbitration Agreement are that (i) each of you and 21st Century Fox retains the right to sue in small claims court and (ii) each of you and 21st Century Fox may bring suit in court against the other to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
(2) This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(3) Any arbitration between you and 21st Century Fox will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator. If you and we cannot agree on who that single arbitrator should be, then the AAA shall appoint an arbitrator. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
(4) If either you or 21st Century Fox wants to arbitrate a claim, you or 21st Century Fox must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the website or portion of the website to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. Your Notice to 21st Century Fox must be sent by mail to Arbitration Notice of Dispute, 2121 Avenue of the Stars, 7th Floor, Los Angeles, California, 90067. The Company will send any Notice to you at the contact information we have for you or that you provide. It is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after you or we send a Notice to the other, you and we may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute.
If you and we do not resolve the Dispute within 45 days, either you or we may initiate arbitration in accordance with the rules and procedures provided for by the AAA. A form for initiating formal arbitration may be found on the AAA’s website at www.adr.org (“Arbitration Form”). In addition to filing this Arbitration Form with AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of this completed Arbitration Form to 21st Century Fox at the address listed above to which you sent your Notice of Dispute.
(5) AAA charges fees to conduct arbitrations. Ordinarily, the claimant has to pay that fee to start a case, but if you wish to commence an arbitration against 21st Century Fox, and you are seeking to recover less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), you will not have to pay this filing fee; 21st Century Fox will pay it on your behalf. If you are seeking to recover $10,000 or more, you will have to pay the filing fee charged by AAA, but 21st Century Fox will reimburse that fee if you win the arbitration.
(6) If you are seeking to recover $10,000 or less, AAA rules provide that the Dispute should be resolved without a hearing, by submission of documents only. Either you or we may request a hearing, however, and be responsible for the fees associated with it. If the arbitrator recommends a hearing even if neither you nor we request one, 21st Century Fox will pay the arbitrator’s fees associated with the hearing. If the claim is for more than $10,000, the manner and place of the hearing will be determined in accordance with the AAA Rules.
(7) Regardless of how the arbitration proceeds, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain his or her findings and conclusions.
(8) Each of you and 21st Century Fox may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. In addition to whatever rights you may have to recover your attorneys’ fees under applicable law, if you prevail in the arbitration, and if 21st Century Fox failed to make a settlement offer to you before the arbitration or the amount you win is at least 25% greater than 21st Century Fox’s highest settlement offer, then 21st Century Fox will pay your reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to the amount the arbitrator awarded. If 21st Century Fox wins the arbitration, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a claim or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by applicable law.
(9) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. The arbitrator may not order 21st Century Fox to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than you, unless 21st Century Fox explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. YOU AND 21ST CENTURY FOX AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING. Further, unless 21st Century Fox agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with yours, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the rest of this Agreement, including the provisions governing where actions against 21st Century Fox must be pursued, will remain in effect.
(10) You and 21st Century Fox agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or court order.
21st Century Fox reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of this website and/or any Content, software, functions, and services on this website, with or without notice, and/or to establish general guidelines and limitations on their use.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on March 27, 2013.